Posted to alt.home.repair
JoeSpareBedroom[_3_] JoeSpareBedroom[_3_] is offline

Default doggie doors

"h" wrote in message

"Roy" wrote in message
==
Dogs belong outside in their own home. No doggy doors needed. Dogs
entering at their pleasure means that the dogs own you. My
opinion...others may differ.

==

Don't know anything about dogs, but when we had outdoor cats the cat door
was set up for out only. When they could come back in on their own we had
no control over was "presents" they would bring in. Dead critters are
fine, but "mostly dead" animals can provide far more excitement than I
need in my life. All incoming cats MUST be checked for a mouth full of
chipmunk!

I'm quite happy that none of my current cats are former ferals, who just
MUST. GO. OUT. no matter how bad the weather. I doubt any of my
dumped-at-the-shelter kitties have ever been outside. My yard misses the
ferals patrolling the rodents, but I don't miss the worry about their
safety.

My opinion about all pets is that if you don't want to have them in your
house, why have them at all?

Maybe because many of them aren't happy staying indoors all the time.
They're not designed for that sort of thing. You may imagine that they've
been domesticated, but it ain't true.

The pets which APPEAR happy indoors are faking it.