Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - Celebrate our Freedoms, this fourth of July

On Jul 5, 2:31*pm, Hawke wrote:

I've already lived my whole life here and it's too late to go someplace
else. But I can tell you that Canada, Australia, Spain, and Italy all
sound like good places to live to me. If I was younger I might have gone
elsewhere just like wealthy Americans like Johnny Depp and Madonna have
done.

I think it's very screwed up here, which
is why you don't hear me saying how great America is. Because I don't
think it is except for the lucky few. It needs a lot of work before I'd
go around praising it. Unlike some folks who say it's the greatest and
then go out to protest how bad things are.

Hawke

So why is it too late to go somewhere else?

See if you can find the book " Making Great Decisions in Business and
Life " by Henderson and Hooper. Well worth reading. Might be at your
library, or you might suggest they get a copy. Or get a used copy.
Anyway they have some good examples of sunk costs and how they should
affect decision making.

And note you have not read anything that I have posted protesting how
bad things are. I think I must be one of those that you consider the
lucky few. I do not consider it all luck and seem to know a bunch of
people that are doing well.

Dan