Posted to alt.home.repair
Chip C Chip C is offline

Default OT Label Maker

On Jul 4, 5:00*pm, Metspitzer wrote:
I would like to have a portable label maker to label my cell phone and
some ac switches I have for computer equipment.

It is hard to tell the good ones from the bad ones online. *Anyone
care to recommend one?

First, check out the stock of label tape that's available, for cost
and multiple sizes and colours. No sense getting a label maker for
which you can't get the tape you'd like, or for which the tape is so
expensive you don't use it. Even if you get the maker and an initial
supply of tape online, you're probably going to be happier if you can
get the tape locally when you run out.

Second, I'd recommend getting one with an AC adapter, unless you
really expect to be using the thing where there's no power.

If most of your labeling is going to be one-off ad-hoc stuff, then a
computer interface is probably of little value. If you're going to be
printing long error-prone serial numbers or SKUs that are already in a
spreadsheet or database, then you'll probably want one that hooks up.

Chip C
Toronto