Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT/ IT'S A MAN THING

On Sun, 4 Jul 2010 21:33:33 -0400, "Buddy Matlosz"
wrote the following:

"Larry Blanchard" wrote in message
On Sat, 03 Jul 2010 15:48:05 +0000, notbob wrote:

If you haven't had a firecracker go off in your hand, you haven't
experienced real fireworks fun!! I've done it twice, never suffering
any damage. If you want some real pain, hold a shotgun primer on the
end of a screwdriver over a candle flame (seven yrs old and dumb as a
post). Howzabout hitting a Bullzeye explosive target, on a concrete
floor, with a 20 lb sledge hammer? That'll cost you yer hearing for a
few hours. Ahh... the memories.

In my younger dumber days a few of us were into making explosives.
Including nitroglycerin. I decided to put a drop on an anvil and hit it
with a hammer. Split the anvil and we never did find the hammer head. I
was standing there with a wooden handle and a terrified look :-).

The last person I saw do something like that looked suspiciously like a
coyote.

meep, meep

--
It's also helpful to realize that this very body that we have, that's
sitting right here right now, with its aches and its pleasures, is