Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Declaration of Independence

On Sun, 04 Jul 2010 22:56:37 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Sun, 04 Jul 2010 14:17:06 -0400, mm
wrote:

"[10] TJ originally wrote “fellow-subjects,” copying the term from the
corresponding passage in the first page of the First Draft of the
Virginia Constitution; then, while the ink was still wet on the “Rough
draught” he expunged or erased “subjects” and wrote “citizens” over
it. The fact that he made the same change in Document I is evidence
that he was using that document as the composition text for this part
of the Declaration."

If you ever visit Philly, see Independence Hall. Take a self guided
tour. Visit the homes of Jefferson and Betsy Ross of the time and
others.

Home of Thomas Jefferson in Philadelphia? He was only there for a
year or so & if I recall correctly he stayed in an inexpensive
boarding house. The boarding house, like many of the Signer's
homes & former haunts was torn down. [we didn't really care much
about these folks until the late 19th century]

Jim