Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Craftsman push lawnmower wobble after hitting rocks won't start

On Jul 4, 11:31*pm, "James H." wrote:
What is the typical thing to look for that broke when my lawnmower hit a
stationary object?

I've hit much tougher sets of rocks than the little things that all of a
sudden caused my Craftsman 18 inch push mower to wobble (I think) and run
badly and now it won't start.

No big deal. Lawn mowers are only a few hundred dollars, and a repair
person probably will only charge half the cost of a new one.

But, I wonder if I take it apart, what would I be looking for?

I've never taken a lawn mower apart but I've fixed things and have all the
mechanics tools for my car, for example, and a lawn mower can't possibly be
too complicated.

What would I be looking for. What is the typical thing that breaks when a
lawnmower hits an immovable object?

If you are lucky its a bent blade and sheared flywheel key, its a Diy
job with a flywheel puller, if unlucky its a bent crankshaft and its
junk, do you cut at 3.5" or more, maybe its time to remove those
rocks. Not starting is the flywheel key hopefully it did its job,
sheared and saved the motor.