Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Declaration of Independence

On Sun, 04 Jul 2010 22:56:37 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Sun, 04 Jul 2010 14:17:06 -0400, mm
wrote:

"[10] TJ originally wrote “fellow-subjects,” copying the term from the
corresponding passage in the first page of the First Draft of the
Virginia Constitution; then, while the ink was still wet on the “Rough
draught” he expunged or erased “subjects” and wrote “citizens” over
it. The fact that he made the same change in Document I is evidence
that he was using that document as the composition text for this part
of the Declaration."

If you ever visit Philly, see Independence Hall. Take a self guided
tour. Visit the homes of Jefferson and Betsy Ross of the time and
others.

I've been to all those places except Jefferson's home, which must not
have been open whenever I was there. Thanks for telling me.

I've also been to the Eastern Correctional Institute (name?) which was
prettty interesting, and the Franklin Museum, which I recommend
highly.