Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
Rich Webb Rich Webb is offline

Default IR home leak imaging

On Sun, 4 Jul 2010 21:32:46 +0000 (UTC),
wrote:

I knew someone who got some used fancy oilfield devices and imaged
houses to find leaks using not only infrared but some pretty fancy
math to compare how the images changed as the temperature changed
during the day to night cycle. I gotta wonder if this has advanced
much in the decade since.

Well, the cost of the imagers has come down. The Extech/FLIR line has
one below $2K now. I keep trying to come up with a good enough excuse to
get one ...

http://www.tequipment.net/ExtechI5.html

--
Rich Webb Norfolk, VA