Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default Source for twist drill bits

"notbob" wrote in message
On 2010-07-04, Leon wrote:

I bought an inexpensive Hitachi set, tripple hardened.....

If you are going to drill wood only, triple hardened, chrome vanadium,
and other cheap drill nonsense is probably OK. If drilling metal is
anywhere in the scheme of things, they will become junk in mere
seconds. Drills labeled HSS (high speed steel) are the minimum
requirement for drilling metal. Spend the money and do it right.

nb

The point I was really trying to make was that the sizes that he OP wants
are not big deal to find, they even come in cheap sets.