Posted to alt.home.repair
Terra Arcane Terra Arcane is offline

Default Should a pool light bulb be touching water only halfway (half in, half out)?

On Sun, 4 Jul 2010 09:19:31 -0400, RBM wrote:

newer above ground deck boxes will usually be farther away from the
fixtures, but generally in line with them.

I saw the picture kindly provided of the deck box and I don't seem to have
them. Also no brass plates. There's concrete for fifteen feet all around
the pool so I'd know if something was sticking out of that.

What I do have is the GFCI sticking about a foot and a half out of the
ground in the grass outside that concrete perimeter, and a few other
plastic pipes sticking up.

Come to think of it, some of those plastic pipes sticking up do have
plastic junction boxes, so, probably those are the missing "deck boxes".

I think what you're saying is that the wires from the lights (and the pool
#8 ground wire) don't go directly to the electronic controls but meet first
at a junction box above ground and probably in the middle between the pool
itself and the controls which are about 20 feet from the concrete perimeter
outside edge (about 35 feet from the pool edge).

Is that right?