Posted to alt.home.repair
TWayne TWayne is offline

Default Dedicated Circuit: Is Junction Box Required?

In ,
dpb typed:
Twayne wrote:

Well, outside the city 3-mile limit, there is none here,
either. There is a sewer/well permit process but nothing
other than that and the County doesn't pay the City nor
are there building permits, etc., beyond that.

Ouch! If you believe everything you just said, I feel for
you. Also, I'd like to know precisely where this area is
with the "3-mile limit" from a "city". I don't believe it.
And of course, the country you are talking about.
Something feels very wrong with your comment.

Why should I not believe what is so? And, thank you very
much, we like the status quo very much.

And, of course, you're welcome to disbelieve whatever you
wish; it's not uncommon for city folk in populated areas to
think its required for governments to take care of
everything for them.
The "city" is county seat w/ population of roughly 20,000. The State
allows municipalities to extend their zoning,
etc., to 3-miles from city limits but beyond that it's the
county's call. Being as it is rural and farmers are
notoriously independent when it comes to what they think is
the best for their operation, it's not at all surprising
there's no support for additional zoning in the county.
The sewage/well requirement was in response to the
proliferation of trailers and so on in a couple of areas
within the county and has been adequate to curb further
excesses since adopted. My Dad, in fact, served on the
joint city-county planning commission for some 20 years and
was instrumental in drafting same years ago.
Again, there's a whole lot of territory out here that most
folks don't know nuthin' about...

Yes, there is. That's why I asked for a specific location. Problem is, you
see, you're splitting hairs and only adding confusion the way you're doing
it here. A location would let me look it up and let me see what it's all
about. Which I've also already asked for.

HTH,

Twayne`