-

Default Painting outside walls-Help?

In article , Andrew Gabriel
writes
In article ,
- writes:

Hi all,
I'm just about to have the rather old and blown pebble dash
removed from my house and have it replaced with a similar coating. SWMBO
would like it painting with Sandtex or similar, now I know I can ask the
manufacturers but I would also like a less biased opinion. What are the
implications of applying the paint in cold damp weather, i.e. in the
next month or so?

I would never paint outside walls, at least I would not start painting
them (once started, it's an additional piece of regular maintenance).
Pebble dash tends to get painted after a repair, when the repaired work
is a different colour from the original. You won't have that issue.
Strongly suggest you don't paint it...

I could not agree more, unfortunately it is SWMBO's desire in life to
have it done and if it pleases her then who am I to argue. Although she
is aware of the on going repainting problem and has agreed to see what
it looks like before going ahead with any painting, so fingers crossed.

--
-- Bill