Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Pecan slabs - gift from a friend (0/1)

"Upscale" wrote in message
On Wed, 30 Jun 2010 23:09:29 -0500, "ChairMan" wrote:

I was just going to say the same thing.
And not just the shavings, any scrap I'd save
Around here, that's all I use for Q'ing

I've heard of smoking food with hickory before, but not pecan. Is it a
reasonably well known barbecuing agent?

It is used a lot in the south where it is a native wood. Taste is very much
like hickory. Some people use the nut shells for smoking also.

You can smoke with any wood that comes from a tree that bears either nuts or
fruit. I use all of my scraps, oak, cherry, walnut, maple.