Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
mac davis[_5_] mac davis[_5_] is offline

Default Pecan slabs - gift from a friend (0/1)

On Wed, 30 Jun 2010 11:42:35 -0800, Kevin Miller wrote:

mac davis wrote:
A rare treat here in the land of ironwood and cactus!

Pecan 'eh? Boy, you must have really made him mad about something!
I've heard it referred to as 'pecancrete'. For a good reason!
:-)

Dunno.. he's a wood carver and has done some fantastic pieces out of it..
These slabs are from a huge tree that he cut down several years ago and had
slabbed and shipped to him..

I'm about 3/4 through the first bowl, and it's got major cracks, which I knew it
had before I started.. (end of the slab)
Very pretty wood that turns well and sands ok.. looks like natural Danish oil
will really pop the grain..
White with a nice brown sapwood.. very pretty..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing