Posted to rec.woodworking
ChairMan ChairMan is offline

Default OT/ IT'S A MAN THING

In ,
Larry Jaques spewed forth:
On Fri, 2 Jul 2010 21:39:07 -0500, "ChairMan" wrote the
following:

It's that time of year again.......
Happy 4th

Out Freaking Standing, sir. That's a keeper, that one.
Tawm Watson, move over.

I asked which of my three kids wanted to light the fuse, but all
took a few steps back and politely declined. Chicken****s. Kids
just aren't made the same nowadays. They fulfill their danger
quotient by shooting bad guys in video games. About as far from
real danger as you can get, if you ask me.

I miss the real Roman candles, actually a 12-pack of colored flares in
one tube, with sparkies in between 60' shots. Kids nowadays don't
know what real fun is, the silly ten-fingered idiots.

I didn't want to see the popper thingies go to waste, so I told Doug
we were gonna put them in a hole in the ground and set them off. He
gave me another big smile.

It's amazing how kids think alike...even when separated by 30 years.

big grin

I assume he will remember the finer points of the lesson as he grows
older. When I now speak of 'almost being burned beyond recognition'
he will have a slightly better understanding of what I mean. I hope
that this vivid image tempers the knowledge he now has regarding
rocket construction. O well. After all, if your dad isn't gonna
teach you how to get your ass blown off, who will?

Hooah!

Like they say, there's a lot of truth in humor.g
But this one still makes me laugh every time I read it.
And your right, they just don't make 'em like they use to.
I remember fishin' with M-80s back when I was a kid.
Oh the fung