Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default META: Why plonk?

On Wed, 30 Jun 2010 19:33:23 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 6/30/2010 6:42 AM, Robert Green wrote:
"The Daring wrote in message
On 6/29/2010 3:35 PM, Oren wrote:
On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 22:36:17 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 6/28/2010 4:23 PM, Oren wrote:
On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 15:08:56 -0500, Jim
wrote:

what does PDFTFT mean? I couldn't find it in the acronym dictionary.

A variation of:

http://marketmynovel.com/images/Dont...the-Trolls.png

Dang! That looks like a girl I used to date!

Glad you got rid of her. Can you image waking one morning, asking "who
the hell are you?!!"

In kind reply she says: "I don't know this morning. Last night I was
the Yellow Rose of Texas!"

My oldest brother who was in the army tells of an adventure in drinking
with his buddies at a dance hall one night. It seems that brother had
imbibed in a little too much ethanol and caught sight of a princess on
the other side of the room which compelled him to make a beeline for
her. They were soon dancing and making out in a most disturbing manner
while he professed his undying love for her and his wish for her to have
his children. Of course my hapless brother soon passed out and was taken
back to the barracks by his fellow sufferers. The next night the guys
returned to the dance hall when my bro was not pickled. He noticed an
extremely ugly girl eying him with obvious fondness which made him so
uncomfortable that he thought of fleeing the place. When he told his
friends of his distress, they informed him that the homely gal was the
love of his life the night before. He soon left the establishment never
to return. People ask me why I've never consumed an alcoholic beverage
in my life and my answer is that I pay attention to the experiences of
others with their consumption of alcohol.

TDD

That problem is known as "beer goggles."

--
Bobby G.

I don't think it was just beer tinting his spectacles.

TDD

Could it be lock-jaw?

Maybe rose-colored glasses?