Posted to alt.home.repair
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default Six fans running at all times

"jamesgangnc" wrote
mm wrote:

Six fans running at all times

I was at friends on Sunday, and it was 94 out and their AC was on, and
it was comfortable in the house, and they also had on 6 fans on the

I use only fans at that 94F level though that's about when I close up and
turn on the AC. The fans are set to allow whole house air flow. Being more
south probably of some of you, we don't consider 94F that hot if there is a
nice breeze and inside, it would be 5-6 degrees cooler.

Moving air feels cooler. If you use fans you can set the thermostat
higher. If they're happy I'd leave them alone.

Correct. Thermostat set 84, checked bills and it's less with fans and 76F
thermostat for same comfort level.

If some well meaning yahoo were to say it would be cooler without the fans,
I'd politely turn them off until the sweat started dripping off their nose
then offer to turn them back on. Then again, they'd probably get stupid and
say without the fans it would cost the same to set the temp to 70.