Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Basement slab weeping/leaking through bottom plate screw holes

On Jun 30, 1:23*pm, cubby wrote:
On Jun 30, 12:00*pm, jamesgangnc wrote:

On Jun 30, 9:24*am, Jim Elbrecht wrote:

On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 23:09:29 -0400, aemeijers

(snip)

OP postrer needs interior french drain before ANY FUTHER WORK

with a sump draining to a pump or ideally daylight

As we have discussed on here before, drains belong OUTSIDE the wall.

But still below the footings. * A perimeter drain 18" below grade will
do a little good-- but an interior perimeter drain will do more.

Jim

An interior drain system is a huge job. *I would not go there because
1 time he had some moisture where he penetrated the slab.

If water came up through holes in the slab, then best case he's going
to have damp and mold issues. *I wouldn't be finishing the basement
without getting that checked out at least. *In an unfinished basement
it need not be a huge job.- Hide quoted text -

If his problem is the water table then cutting into the slab is only
going to make it worse. There is no certainty with anything but I'd
start simple and watch it for a while.