Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Why plonk?

On 6/29/2010 6:39 PM, J Burns wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:
On 6/29/2010 5:52 AM, J Burns wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:
On 6/28/2010 9:04 AM, Jay Hanig wrote:
and I press "R" to
mark a thread as read and "K" to kill a thread so I don't see it
again. You don't have to killfile anyone if you don't like the
subject or contents of a post or thread.

Nobody here can just right click a message? I seldom have to
reach for
a key, if ever!

I can right click a lot of things in Thunderbird but I don't see
anything in the right click dialog box about killing a thread.

Thunderbird essentially does the same thing with its "Ignore Thread"
command:

Ignore Thread

This will mark all messages in the current thread as read. (This
option
is only displayed when a newgroup message is selected.) The next time
you view the newsgroup, the ignored thread will not appear in the
message list pane and any new messages in the thread will be
automatically marked as read. To make ignored threads visible
again, use
the View Threads menu.

Jay

Yea, press "K" on the keyboard, you don't see the thread again.

TDD
I pressed "K" and I still see it.

It works in the Firefox reader and after you leave the group then come
back to it.

TDD

I've found a Firefox PDF reader and a Firefox rss reader, but where can
I find the USENET reader?

D'oh!! http://images.free-extras.com/pics/d...mpson-1084.jpg

TDD