Posted to alt.home.repair
SAm E SAm E is offline

Default Electric Meter

On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 03:19:33 GMT, (Doug Miller)
wrote:

In article , Sam E wrote:
On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 23:58:59 -0400, "Robert Green"
wrote:

"aemeijers" wrote in message
stuff snipped

Even if we returned to your 1950s Utopia that never really existed,
there are lots and lots of single people out there, of both genders.

I think there are officially more than two genders now. I suspect that's
why many are living solo - can't find a matching gender to hook up with.

BTW, "gender" is a characteristic of language, and IIRC, some have as
many as seven.

You're thinking of cases (e.g. nominative, predicative, possessive, etc.).
Russian, Latin, and Polish have seven cases, German four, English three.

No language I'm aware of has more than three genders: masculine, feminine, and
neuter.

I forgot where I first heard about that, but searching the internet
quickly found Polish at
http://claritaslux.com/blog/the-hard...uage-to-learn/ .