Posted to alt.home.repair
Jon Danniken[_4_] Jon Danniken[_4_] is offline

Default Why plonk?

Stormin Mormon wrote:
There are some posters who consistently provoke, rude, or insulting,
or confrontational, or just no useful content. It's much easier to
plonk, than to have to delete the messages every day.

^^ What he said. On another group I read frequently (the metal group),
there exist certain individuals whose s/n approaches a very small number.
By plonking enough of them, I end up with some conversations (specifically
the political bickering topics) not appearing *at all* in my newsreader.

AHR isn't as bad as that group *yet*, but it makes a sizeable difference in
some groups.

Unfortunately, I do lose some on topic contributions by very intelligent
individuals, which is my loss, but this comes at the benefit of a little
more sanity.

Jon