Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default META: Why plonk?

In article ,
David Nebenzahl wrote:

[META = meta-discussion. Similar to OT in that no on-topic material to
a.h.r in message]

Apropos the ongoing discussions in various places here about killfiling,
plonking, etc., a serious question to y'all:

Why killfile or plonk at all?

I'm asking this earnestly and hoping to get some good answers to this
question.

There is a couple of good reasons to killfile people. One is the
troll (There is one floating around the cruises Usenet group now) who
never adds anything to the conversation, calls people names, makes lewd
comments, curses, etc. I don't even want to take the time to see if this
idiot is around.
Another is the idiot who you try to have a conversation with, but if
you don't agree with him, he starts to go off. Again, if you can't be
civil, I have no desire to even invest enough time in you to see your
name and then hit a button.
The last one is any post from Google Groups. Google does nothing to
stem the flow of spam and I just don't want to deal with it.

and name it after the IRS.
Robert Bakker, paleontologist