Posted to alt.home.repair

Default META: Why plonk?

On 6/26/2010 6:05 PM spake thus:

I would argue that this ng is getting too loaded with junk, especially
when certain individuals routinely post only political junk. I have
seen another ng go that way, constant trolling, arguing with insults on
arcane political issues, the regulars went away and then the ng finally
disappeared.

1. A lot of the political stuff is labeled "OT", which makes it
extremely easy to avoid.

2. Like I said, this group is nowhere near as bad as some. And I'd say
there's pretty much zero chance of [all] the "regulars" going away. I
still see lots and lots of on-topic posts here, and replies as well.
Most of the regulars are posting like always.

I wonder if the economy has reduced the amount of posts here...folks
just aren't doing home repair?

Not so far as I can tell. In fact, during a down economy one would
expect *more* people to be repairing stuff as opposed to buying new stuff.

I dislike people insulting religions in any n.g....

Simple solution: don't read 'em.

(I'm an equal-opportunity religion-hater: I think *all* of them should
be insulted ...)

- Comment from an article on Antiwar.com (
http://antiwar.com)