Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] norminn@earthlink.net[_2_] is offline

Default META: Why plonk?

David Nebenzahl wrote:
[META = meta-discussion. Similar to OT in that no on-topic material to
a.h.r in message]

Apropos the ongoing discussions in various places here about killfiling,
plonking, etc., a serious question to y'all:

Why killfile or plonk at all?

It is wasted motion, IMO. Pretty much like thumbing your nose at
someone...simpler to just end the discourse if someone bothers you. I
rarely get upset at posts to newsgroups, unless someone goes out of
their way to be personally insulting.

One regular "plonker" tends to take issue with others' waste of
webspace, but that is all that a plonk is.

I would argue that this ng is getting too loaded with junk, especially
when certain individuals routinely post only political junk. I have
seen another ng go that way, constant trolling, arguing with insults on
arcane political issues, the regulars went away and then the ng finally
disappeared.

I wonder if the economy has reduced the amount of posts here...folks
just aren't doing home repair?

I dislike people insulting religions in any n.g....