Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Shop Wall and Electric

On Sat, 03 Jul 2010 14:38:19 -0400, Bill wrote:

Nova wrote:
Bill wrote:
Update:

Following my installation of my "dummy" electrical outlet yesterday, I
learned I like the receptacle box to stick out exactly 1/2" passed the
stud. I went to two different Borgs looking for a small piece of 1/2"
pine or equivalent to use as a sort of fixture--but to my surprise,
there was none in sight (I prefer not to use plywood due to personal
sensitivities to the glue dust, et. al., YMMV).

snip

For "new" electrical installations I prefer to use the depth adjustable
boxes similar to :

http://www.homedepot.com/Electrical-...atalogId=10053

Those look handy!

I guess if you think $4.30 for a $.30 box is handy. ;-)