Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John Robertson John Robertson is offline

Default DATAMAN s4 eprom programmer , looking for GAL adaptor...

Jps wrote:
The OP was asking about the gal/pal programming, which I think with the S4
can only be done with the $300 adapter.

The adapter and how to build it isn't in that pdf or anywhere else on the
site.

Unfortunately, i cannot afford it, it's too much for my pocket, in this way
i think i will cannot program any PAL / GAL chip...any idea?

Pick up a cheap Xeltec programmer - even the older ones could handle
PAL/GAL ICs directly. The original SuperPro and later ones using the
parallel port are well under $150US.

I know other inexpensive Eprom programmers can also do the job. We have
five or so different manufacturers Eprom burners in our shop - a bit
redundant...

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com