Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Slightly OT - Apple OS4 on 2G Touch ...

On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 09:36:01 -0700, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

I ran a crude test last night. At midnight, my iPod Touch 2G showed
97% battery charge (using iSystemPro). 9 hrs later, it's at 89%.
Notification is set to check my stocks and eBay items every 15 minutes
via Wi-Fi.

Here's another app to help run the battery down:
https://www.ihoundsoftware.com/ihound/template/iPhone.vm
Much like LoJack for iPod Touch, iPad, etc. I just installed it.

Argh. I installed iHound to send their server my location every 10
minutes. The default was 3 minutes. I left iHound running overnight.
The battery went from 97% to 32%. Ouch.

I don't think it's Notifications that are sucking the battery power.
Methinks the problem is leaving an application running that uses
notifications or just CPU cycles when the iPod Touch is in standby. I
usually display the desktop before turning off (actually standby)
mine, so I haven't had much experience with what an application can do
to the battery level if left running.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D