Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bruce Esquibel[_2_] Bruce Esquibel[_2_] is offline

Default DATAMAN s4 eprom programmer , looking for GAL adaptor...

WangoTango wrote:

I just dropped them a line and just asked.
They don't have an official S4 list, but they do have some of their
adapter pin outs in the XP/UXP download directory.

http://www.dataman.com/Pdf/Dataman48Adaptors.pdf

All you need to so is look up what adapter you need for the S4 and see
if that part number is listed in the adaptor list PDF. If it one of the
UNIV (universal) part numbers then it will work on the S4 as well as the
other programmers.

I dunno, maybe I'm confused.

That pdf is just for the not-common pin-to-pin compatability for prom/eprom
stuff, right?

The OP was asking about the gal/pal programming, which I think with the S4
can only be done with the $300 adapter.

The adapter and how to build it isn't in that pdf or anywhere else on the
site.

I found my S4 but the box of adapter modules is mia, I don't think I ever
ordered the gal/pal one but there was another, I think for 68 pin MOT
something or others and it was similar, wasn't just a pin adapter but like a
whole new programmer built to fit into the ZIF socket on the S4.

Seems like those would be proprietary unless they decided to public domain
the whole thing.

-bruce