Posted to sci.electronics.repair
b b is offline

Default Sony KV27FS210 stopped working

On 25 jun, 05:05, wrote:

Speaking of mindless drivel, you continue to prove my point. Yes, I

have placed both expensive and cheap CRT TVs next to digital TVs -
Plasma, LCD, and DLP. In each case I give digital points for
resolution, brightness, and sharpness.

I notice you avoid mentioning movement, evidence of digtal /scan
artefacts (especially at non-native resolutions), and skin tone.

I've never heard a complaint about color
fidelity,

....then you have been living in a cave.

possibly because anybody with an IQ in double digits knows
that any resemblence to the original is meerly at the whim of everyone
in the signal path.

.... now we're getting defensive, aren't we? 'mindless drivel', 'IQ in
double digits'..
Speaking of IQ, interesting spelling of 'meerly' (sic). People in
glass houses shouldn't throw stones!
'Everyone in the signal path' (sic) - sounds like you're more confused
than 20 blind lesbians in a fish market!

As far as service literature, I have used manuals from Samsung,
Mitsubishi, Philips, Sony, LG Electronics, and Panasonic. Certainly
more fingers than you have on your hand.

well, I bow down before you. That's 6 manuals you've 'used' . How many
fingers you got on your hand then?!

I will grant that if you buy
the cheapest Polaroid, Memorex, or house brand set you will find that
schematics are unknown outside the factory (If they even exist there).
That is why I warn people not to buy them. Still, even those are
usually serviceable.

Yes, everything is 'serviceable' - at a price, which in the case of
many screens is usually prohibitive, so they are not really
'serviceable' at all, unless as I mentioned, it is something like bad
caps. When you get to board -swapping repairs, with inverter, display
drivers and screen faults, price/ low availability begin to make it
unfeasible.

I've been servicing TVs for over 40 years, and I've heard the same
crap, usually from someone who barely knows which end of a soldering
iron to hold.

....once again, you're getting defensive/offensive - a sure sign of a
weak argument and a weak mind. I've no intention of arguing further
with an idiot - they bring you down to their level, then beat you with
experience.

I hope you manage to get over your insecurities some day.
Over and out.
-B