Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Slightly OT - Apple OS4 on 2G Touch ...

"Jeff Liebermann" wrote in message
On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 20:39:20 +0100, "Arfa Daily"
wrote:

Has anyone else on here got a 2G that they've updated to OS4, and are
having
similar problems ?

Not me.

Is yours jailbroken or stock? If jailbroken, there's a possibility
that they may be problems. Too soon to tell.

I have an iPod Touch 2G (not jailbroken) and did the update Tues
evening. The only problem I had was that Google Calendar and Gmail
wouldn't work, because the Google servers were totally overloaded with
all the iOS 4 updates. If you're carrying a huge amount of Google
Apps data on your iPod Touch, it might have been set to push data
every 15 mins, failing, and retrying endlessly. It started working
today so I would suggest you give it a 2nd chance.

# 831-336-2558
# http://802.11junk.com
#
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com AE6KS

Not jailbroken. Just off-the-shelf vanilla. Has mostly just music on it.
Some third party games and apps, some paid for, some freebies. Most have
been on there for a long time, with the exception of a game I put on there
last week called "wake the box". It's a lot of fun - try it. My wife has the
same app, and she does not seem to be suffering this battery problem, so I
don't think it's that. Anyway, it makes no use of the 'net or location
services, and doesn't seem to leave anything behind and running when you
exit, according to the system monitor utility that I put on there (after the
problem started occurring, so not being caused by that app either).

I don't knowingly have huge amounts - if indeed any - Google Apps on it.
Although thinking about it, I do have Google Earth, but it hasn't been
opened since the update.

For the moment, I'm going to leave the wifi and location services switched
off, and see what happens. If that is ok, then I will put the wifi back on,
and see how it goes then, and report back.

Arfa