Posted to rec.woodworking
notbob notbob is offline

Default OT/ IT'S A MAN THING

On 2010-07-03, Larry Jaques wrote:

....don't know what real fun is, the silly ten-fingered idiots.

ROFL!

If you haven't had a firecracker go off in your hand, you haven't
experienced real fireworks fun!! I've done it twice, never suffering
any damage. If you want some real pain, hold a shotgun primer on the
end of a screwdriver over a candle flame (seven yrs old and dumb as a
post). Howzabout hitting a Bullzeye explosive target, on a concrete
floor, with a 20 lb sledge hammer? That'll cost you yer hearing for a
few hours. Ahh... the memories.

I jes moved from CO from CA. While the CO gun laws here are amazing,
CO fireworks laws are just as stupid as CA. Safe and sane crap, only.
IOW, why bother. I get more pyrotechnic action shooting my 44 mag
revolver in the dark.

Check this map:

http://www.pyrouniverse.com/regulations.htm

If you live next to a green state, time for a trip! If not, have them
shipped to you. Say what?

When I still lived in CA, I was intrigued when a bobtail no-name
shipping company truck pulled up to my FIL's house and delivered a
tv-sized box to the door. I was flat-out stunned when my FIL opened
the box to reveal a veritable treasure trove of serious kick-ass
illegal as hell fireworks. Yes, it may be against the law in your
state, but see if those AL and TN fireworks companies give a
goodgoddamn! You send 'em money and they will ship them to your front
door (or used to). But, it's yer ass after they deliver! Give 'em a
call and see.

nb