Posted to rec.woodworking
GROVER GROVER is offline

Default OT/ IT'S A MAN THING

On Jul 3, 11:10*am, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Fri, 2 Jul 2010 21:39:07 -0500, "ChairMan" wrote the
following:

It's that time of year again.......
Happy 4th

Out Freaking Standing, sir. *That's a keeper, that one.
Tawm Watson, move over.

I asked which of my three kids wanted to light the fuse, but all took a
few steps back and politely declined. *Chicken****s. *Kids just aren't
made the same nowadays. *They fulfill their danger quotient by shooting
bad guys in video games. *About as far from real danger as you can get, if
you ask me.

I miss the real Roman candles, actually a 12-pack of colored flares in
one tube, with sparkies in between 60' shots. *Kids nowadays don't
know what real fun is, the silly ten-fingered idiots.

I didn't want to see the popper thingies go to waste, so I told Doug we
were gonna put them in a hole in the ground and set them off. *He gave me
another big smile.

It's amazing how kids think alike...even when separated by 30 years.

big grin

I assume he will remember the finer points of the lesson as he grows
older. When I now speak of 'almost being burned beyond recognition' he
will have a slightly better understanding of what I mean. *I hope that
this vivid image tempers the knowledge he now has regarding rocket
construction. O well. *After all, if your dad isn't gonna teach you how to
get your ass blown off, who will?

Hooah!

--
The most powerful factors in the world are clear ideas
in the minds of energetic men of good will.

An interesting read. By the way General Lee's horse was named
Traveler.
Joe G