Posted to rec.woodworking
John Doe John Doe is offline

Default Multi-Tool (Fein vs Genesis/HF/PowerFist/Chicago)

"nailshooter41 aol.com" nailshooter41 aol.com wrote:

Robatoy counterfit... gmail.com wrote:

Works just as well as the Fein, with one exception. When I used
to really lean into the Fein, it barely complained. This
Genesis slows down and complains. Longevity is likely on the
side of the Fein. But for just over 40 bucks? Nothing to talk
about. Such a deal.

Yeah.... I am tired of beating myself up over not spending a wad
of dough for some tools. I want the cheaper tools to be crappy,
to be undependable, to not work well, and to generally let me
down. However, that isn't the case with most of them these
days.

For years now I have been matching the task/tool/price, and the
Chiawanese tools seem to do quite well. I threw in the towel
altogether when I saw that my favorite brand, Milwaukee,
manufactures all but one or two tools in Chiawan now.

You do not have to stop trying...

The problem did not begin as black and white, and it did not
happen overnight. And in fact, it is still not black and white in
every case. The problem happened progressively over many years
because too many consumers wanted to save a few pennies and could
not care less about putting their fellow countrymen out of work at
the same time. The "greed is good" and "jobs Americans won't do"
mindset of many of our politicians is what led the way.

Trade is good when your trading partner has natural resources or a
climate that you do not have. Trade is bad when a communist
country uses slave labor in subhuman working conditions to
underprice your own workers.

The problem is not just whether they are making adequate products,
the problem is that they are gobbling up our manufacturing
capability, to the point that we cannot manufacture anything for
ourselves. Besides putting your neighbor out of work, there is a
significant danger in that.

Democracies would band together, if our leadership were capable
enough. Unfortunately, George Bush Junior's was probably the most
suck ass presidency in the 20th century.

To the partisan blind right wing zealots who cannot think for
themselves... You are the very reason that Obama (the other
extreme) is in the White House. Current Republicans are nothing
like Ronald Reagan. You would have never heard him say anything
like "greed is good" or "jobs Americans won't do". That "me first"
bull**** is a glaring sign of pathetic leadership, something
Ronald Reagan (temporarily) helped sweep away.

From: "nailshooter41 aol.com" nailshooter41 aol.com
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 00:10:07 -0700 (PDT)