Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Multi-Tool (Fein vs Genesis/HF/PowerFist/Chicago)

On Jun 29, 7:07*pm, Chuck wrote:
Robatoy wrote:
On Jun 29, 5:09 pm, "Lobby Dosser" wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message

newsoWdnSvZdOhHyrfRnZ2dnUVZ_j2dnZ2d@earthlink. com...

Lobby Dosser wrote:
"Robatoy" wrote in message
When I sold my company, one of the tools dear to me was the Fein
MultiTool.
Got an e-mail ad from Woodcraft today. Fein set for $399. But Wait!!
There's More!! You also get Over $560 in Accessories!!
They must be feeling the pain.
Reason number 4 why I like the Fein I bought lo these many years ago
is that extra long cord.
Good point. Some years back, I bought a spool of zip cord. I use it to add
about twenty feet to almost all my power tools, vacuum and shop cleaners,
etc.
Why didn't I think of that! (SMACKS FOREHEAD!!)

I DID think of that but took it one step further. I installed a
connector so if I didn't need all of the length, I could just
disconnect the added cord and still use the cord that came with the
tool straight into the receptacle. That longer cord is also usable
with other tools. Pretty clever, eh?

They call these "extension cords" I saw them at Home Depot.

Story of my life. I come up with a good idea and somebody beat me to
it. I even developed the idea out to the option of making different
lengths. Oh well.