Posted to rec.woodworking
Matt Matt is offline

Default Multi-Tool (Fein vs Genesis/HF/PowerFist/Chicago)

We have Busy Bee who sell some clone brand and then there is King who makes
their own version of everything known in powertools.

I picked a King up a contractor's tool store that also sells Fein.
Variable speed for $59, and then I bought a few of the carbide blades -
tile cutter, and rasp

"Robatoy" wrote in message
On Jun 28, 4:10 pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
Robatoy wrote:

Then I remembered the many mentions of the HF version in here so I
went out to investigate. Turns out that there are many versions,
mostly in different clothes(colours and packaging). I broke down and
bought the Genesis version. Identical to the HF version.
For the price of a couple of Fein blades.

So you bought a knock-off of the Harbor Freight tool?

Is there no brand loyalty any more? No reward for the HF innovation of
being
first-to-market after the Fein patent expired? No thought given to keeping
the Chinese working?

I'm a slut. A non-apologetic slut at that. It is in fact the identical
tool to the CE or HF.. just different colours. Mine is a green.. more
like an aquamarine with a hint of chartreuse, a bit more slate than
what I like....
We do not have HF here in Canuckistan. We have Princess Auto. From
what I have been able to tell, they dip their wick in the same wax as
HF.