Posted to rec.woodworking
Josepi[_5_] Josepi[_5_] is offline

Default sealing end grains on gate / compressor bleed out

Water is composed hydrogen and oxygen atoms. Rust is not an atomic chemistry
level reaction.

Water does **NOT** contain oxygen molecules unless some oxygen molecules
have been disolved in it.
This is why closed loop heating systems, made almost completely out of iron
and steel pipe and fittings do not rust themselves out.

"Jack Stein" wrote in message
and water is Hydrogen and...?

Ever try breathing under water? Certainly water contains oxygen, the
question I have is does metal rust faster under water with small amounts
of oxygen or under damp conditions, with lots of oxygen available?

I have no clue what the inside of my tank looks like. If it ever fails,
maybe tomorrow, maybe in another 30 years, perhaps I'll cut the sucker
in half and see where it rusted.

--
Jack
Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.