Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Multi-Tool (Fein vs Genesis/HF/PowerFist/Chicago)

When I sold my company, one of the tools dear to me was the Fein
MultiTool. That thing got me out of trouble so many times that I vowed
to immediately buy myself a new one after the sale of the company was
completed.

Then I remembered the many mentions of the HF version in here so I
went out to investigate. Turns out that there are many versions,
mostly in different clothes(colours and packaging). I broke down and
bought the Genesis version. Identical to the HF version.
For the price of a couple of Fein blades.

Works just as well as the Fein, with one exception. When I used to
really lean into the Fein, it barely complained. This Genesis slows
down and complains. Longevity is likely on the side of the Fein.
But for just over 40 bucks?
Nothing to talk about. Such a deal.