Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default engine power unit

Karl Townsend wrote:

So all the loads turn in the same direction at about the same speed.
My lineshaft suggestion allowed either direction and speed changes,
with belt or chain drive.

If the plate slides instead of drops into the pocket, Lovejoy couplers
should work OK. I think you can align them with plates like lathe
faceplates, one on the engine and the other on the loads with adapter
bushings. You jack and shim up the loads until the edges align with a
small even gap all the way around.

jsw

I can't have everything on one pallet, it gets too big to haul around
easily.

I like lovejoy idea. I didn't know they made them for 10+ horsepower. I'll
look.

I have a ~50HP, 25KW diesel genset that uses the lovejoy style coupling.