IMM

Default Water softner for shower

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 23:26:24 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 22:17:45 +0100, "Charles M Atkinson"
wrote:

I have just used Google to search this newsgroup for all of
the words "electronic magnetic water conditioner" and the
most recent hit was in March 2003 -- not what you'd call
current.

That's current enough. If you were to search using keywords of "IMM"
and "water" you will get about 3000 articles. Qualify further with
"magnetic" or similar and it comes down to about 160 in several
threads which all tend to be very similar. Generally the ratio of
bad to good experience is at least 10:1 as measured by the number of
posts for and against.

Not so, in those who have actually used them, unlike yourself and other
windbags.

In fact I did try one some years ago and found that it didn't work
even to the extent of making a difference to a kettle filled from a
nearby tap.

I don't believe you Andy. Also the better makes work better. Surprise,
surprise, as Cilla says.

Mine works. These are used extensively in industry, where I first came
across them about 25 years ago.

This is complete misinformation. All of the references to industrial
use are for closed recirculating systems

That you have read, and not had contact with.

with proportionately much
larger conditioners than would be used domestically.

Go away!! They are larger for hospitals???

---