Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_5_] Wes[_5_] is offline

Default Ran a motor with servo drive today

On 2010-06-26, Wes wrote:
Ignoramus11285 wrote:

I was able to run the Y axis motor with a 30A8 servo drive today. Used
a 30v power supply as power source and another power supply as a
command source. I used a reversing switch for Legos as a control. It
worked pretty well! Next thing I will do is switch to tachometer mode
instead of voltage mode.

Progress! I wish I was there to watch, drink your beer and maybe even help

Wes, I have a huge supply of Miller Lite, if you are ever in the area,
I would love to see you!

Maybe some day the company will get back to the concept that training is a valuable asset
and I can attend training at Fanuc in Chicago. If it happens, I'll look you up.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller