Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus12901 Ignoramus12901 is offline

Default Ran a motor with servo drive today

On 2010-06-27, RogerN wrote:

"Ignoramus11285" wrote in message
I was able to run the Y axis motor with a 30A8 servo drive today. Used
a 30v power supply as power source and another power supply as a
command source. I used a reversing switch for Legos as a control. It
worked pretty well! Next thing I will do is switch to tachometer mode
instead of voltage mode.

Do your motors have tachometers on them?

Yep.

I still have not decided if I should use voltage mode or tachometer
mode.

Tachometer mode seems to be more accurate, but with potential for
trouble if tachometer stops working.

It's good for you to know how to run the drives like this, if there is a
problem and an axis doesn't move sometime, you will be able to tell if the
problem is in the drive or somewhere else.

RogerN