Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus12901 Ignoramus12901 is offline

Default Ran a motor with servo drive today

On 2010-06-27, Karl Townsend wrote:

"Ignoramus11285" wrote in message
I was able to run the Y axis motor with a 30A8 servo drive today. Used
a 30v power supply as power source and another power supply as a
command source. I used a reversing switch for Legos as a control. It
worked pretty well! Next thing I will do is switch to tachometer mode
instead of voltage mode.

Iggy, I can see an additiction coming on. THERE IS NO CURE. You'd
best stop now before you are totally hooked. That little thrill you
get everytime a machine does your bidding must be fed. You'll need
larger and larger fixes. Soon your home will be taken over with top
performing machines you paid little or nothing for.

It is hard to pass by $5 milling machines and working on them is
fun. This is definitely the last one, however, as I have no more
space.