Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Ran a motor with servo drive today

Karl Townsend wrote:

"Ignoramus11285" wrote in message
I was able to run the Y axis motor with a 30A8 servo drive today. Used
a 30v power supply as power source and another power supply as a
command source. I used a reversing switch for Legos as a control. It
worked pretty well! Next thing I will do is switch to tachometer mode
instead of voltage mode.

Iggy, I can see an additiction coming on. THERE IS NO CURE. You'd best stop
now before you are totally hooked. That little thrill you get everytime a
machine does your bidding must be fed. You'll need larger and larger fixes.
Soon your home will be taken over with top performing machines you paid
little or nothing for.

Just a hopeless addict warning you.

Karl

Three questions to ask yourself when considering any tool acquisition:

1. How often would I use it?

2. Do I have room for it?

3. Do I already have a way to do the same task adequately?

Answering these questions honestly helps keep the addiction in check.