Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Watts Tim Watts is offline

Default Hackable Linux NAS box

Sidney Endon-Lee
wibbled on Friday 25 June 2010 22:30

On 25 June, 08:38, Tim Watts wrote:
Hi,

Looking for a small portable 1-2TB backup box, ethernet, internal disk,
appliance form factor and most importantly, replaceable linux - I want a
proper filesystem (no VFAT) and direct access to rsync and ssh on this.

Wifi would be cool - but optional.

Buffalo would have been my choice 2-3 years ago, but all the wiki's on
hacking the LinkStation (Pro) seem seriously out of date.

I don't want a cobbled together solution (too busy) but just a little
self contained box...

Any ideas for 2010?

The Excito Bubba 2

http://www.excito.com/

_Seriously_ good.

Sid.

Yes - that is cool, very very cool.

Out of budget though SWMBO has granted permission to spend 150 odd after
I pointed out we have 60GB of photos and I only have a 20GB quota at a
university I used to work at ;-

--
Tim Watts