Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Electric Meter

On Sat, 19 Jun 2010 21:14:17 -0500, Douglas Johnson

Hope you all enjoy those fancy new meters. They are brought to you
courtesy of the fed govt and $3Bil more of our deficit.

Around here, Dallas, Texas, we get to pay $2.19 a month for 11 years to pay for
those meters. Aren't we blessed. -- Doug

A couple days ago, the Public Service Commission in Maryland refused
some electric company permission to put in meters that would enalbe
billing by time-of-day.

The electric co. spokesman said that each homeowner would save 1400
over the life of, or some period of time, and the meters were only 200
dollar so it was a good deal. So I guess the customer would have to
pay the 200. That must be why the PSC said no.

We do have electronic meters that be read from their office, but I can
see how this would have to be fancier.