Posted to sci.electronics.repair
DB DB is offline

Default Vertical Lines

"Meat Plow" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 14:11:47 -0400, DB ??o??:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...

DB wrote:

"DB" wrote in message
m...

"DB" wrote in message
m...
Have a Toshiba 30HF85 30" TV. There are vertical lines at the top
of the
screen. I believe I need to replace the cap near the vertical hold
IC.
Where is the vertical hold IC? Thanks.

Mistake!! I have horizontal lines near top of screen!! Sorry.

I believe it's called vertical fold over. I most likely need to
replace a
bad cap near the vertical hold IC.
Which takes me back to my original question: Where is the vertical
hold IC?
What's the shape and how many pins? Thanks.

Vertical hold? That went away, decades ago.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.

That's ok, Michael. Stefan knows what I'm talking about, and he's knows
what he's talking about too.

It's near the big thing with blue and yellow wires. That is on the side
of a thing that looks like a little green round thing but should be black
but if not maybe green also. Trace that thing over by the other thing and
you might see a thing that matches it. If so look to the left of that
thing and underneath another thing. Let me know how it works out for you.

Are you serious?