IMM

Default water pipes in new houses

"David" wrote in message
In article , IMM
writes

"David" wrote in message
. ..
New to this forum so hope this is not OT.
I visited the site of a new house I am interested in buying which

hasn't
been completed and was really surprised to see that there seemed to be
"plastic" hoses for the water supply in the garage area where I would

have
suspected to see copper piping. I couldn't see what was used in the

rest
of
the house but is this really what builders are using these days??
This was not some cheap cheap place but what was described as a 5 bed,

3
bath exec home.
Anyone care to say if this is usual nowadays?
I'm surpassed its even legal.
Thanks
Dave

It will be plastic pipe. Developers use this on the first fix so that
unskilled labour can fit it and the Tinkers don't steal it. The second

fix
is usually copper where the customer can see the pipes. It has

advantages
and disadvantages, mainly negative I'm afraid. See current thread on

this.
One poster had a catastrophic failure using this stuff.

See now here's a case in point John, *most* of the comments are positive
and the catastrophic failure as you call it was caused by a
manufacturing defect, try and be objective and you will start to be more
credible, the first step to being cured is accepting that you have a
problem, at least you're admitting that new builds are all

"all" new bulids? My, my.

using plastic
pipe now so that's something 4/10

I find it amazing!! A rank amateur is lecturing me. Amazing! Get therapy
please. The NHS still do it free.

---