Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Vertical Lines

DB wrote:

"DB" wrote in message
m...

"DB" wrote in message
m...
Have a Toshiba 30HF85 30" TV. There are vertical lines at the top of the
screen. I believe I need to replace the cap near the vertical hold IC.
Where is the vertical hold IC? Thanks.

Mistake!! I have horizontal lines near top of screen!! Sorry.

I believe it's called vertical fold over. I most likely need to replace a
bad cap near the vertical hold IC.
Which takes me back to my original question: Where is the vertical hold IC?
What's the shape and how many pins? Thanks.

Vertical hold? That went away, decades ago.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.