Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] stratus46@yahoo.com is offline

Default Vertical Lines

On Jun 23, 7:44*am, "DB" wrote:
"Meat Plow" wrote in message

news

On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 10:18:24 -0400, DB ??o??:

"DB" wrote in message
news:vLmdnX7vEcXgzbzRnZ2dnUVZ_qCdnZ2d@earthlink. com...

"DB" wrote in message
news:deadnRItKurh1rzRnZ2dnUVZ_rCdnZ2d@earthlink .com...
Have a Toshiba 30HF85 30" TV. *There are vertical lines at the top of
the screen. *I believe I need to replace the cap near the vertical
hold IC. Where is the vertical hold IC? *Thanks.

Mistake!! *I have horizontal lines near top of screen!! *Sorry.

Listen guys. *I have a 2 year degree in elect/electronics.

I have a 35 year degree in experience on the job. The structure of your
questions are a dead giveaway (no pun intended) that you should not be
inside the back of a set relying on your associates degree to protect you.
That is unless you wrap it around your hand as an insulator.

I've already been in there. *You're not responsible. *Which IC is

it?
Thanks.

Then buy the service manual.