Posted to sci.electronics.repair
DB DB is offline

Default Vertical Lines

"Meat Plow" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 10:18:24 -0400, DB ??o??:

"DB" wrote in message
m...

"DB" wrote in message
m...
Have a Toshiba 30HF85 30" TV. There are vertical lines at the top of
the screen. I believe I need to replace the cap near the vertical
hold IC. Where is the vertical hold IC? Thanks.

Mistake!! I have horizontal lines near top of screen!! Sorry.

Listen guys. I have a 2 year degree in elect/electronics.

I have a 35 year degree in experience on the job. The structure of your
questions are a dead giveaway (no pun intended) that you should not be
inside the back of a set relying on your associates degree to protect you.
That is unless you wrap it around your hand as an insulator.

I've already been in there. You're not responsible. Which IC is it?
Thanks.